Life in Chicagoland

We are in the second year of our internship experience at Willow Creek. During this season of our lives we are attempting to balance Seminary work, caring for a sweet little baby girl and still adjusting to life away from our friends and family. We couldn't be more excited about all that God has in store for us!

This blog will be our attempt to share the struggles and joys of this experience...as well as some pictures and an occasional video. We welcome your feedback and comments and will do our best to keep up with the blog on a regular basis!

Enjoy!
Marc, Keri & Leah

Thursday, September 25, 2008

And so it begins

The time of waiting is finally over! I have officially started my seminary journey and in less than one week have experienced how much I don't know. I am more excited now than ever though! I am taking two classes: Hermeneutics and Transformational Leadership. As I listened to my first lecture online, our professor reminded us that his primary goal for us is that we leave this class with more questions than we entered...and I am paying for this?? Just as a point of inviting you into my world, here is my first question to answer on our class message board (abbreviated version): "What is epistemology and how should it/shouldn't it interact with hermeneutics?" What? Thank you Jesus for the world wide web and Yale professors that help explain what these things even are! In about an hours time, I finished my post and successfully felt as though a can of questions got spilled all over without a towel in the room to clean up the mess. Have I said that I love this already?! Beyond the posts I have two books and about 5 hours of lectures to make it through...this week. Good times!!

Keri is doing great. At our last appointment she was told that this would be the month that she would pop! That belly is looking good! Not quite big enough to put a bowl of ice cream on yet but I am believing that day is coming soon. I have started the picture pressure and should have a new picture up this weekend. Stay tuned. We miss you all!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your own belly bowl holder will have to do for now!! I can't speak for everyone, but I would enjoy seeing a picture of your belly posted big boy!! Have you started gaining any sympathy weight yet?

Anonymous said...

Man that hurts! Especially because it's true! I just started another running routine...it's just not the same without weekly basketball to keep me motivated! Tell the guys I said hi!

Marc and Keri Ladouceur said...

Okay- reading Chris' post made me laugh out loud so hard! I think I have tears in my eyes. Thanks for the laugh Chris!

Anonymous said...

Keri
Don't mind the 'belly bowl holder' comment. I will find and mail a photo that Marc's Grama Burger took as we waited for Marc's arrival; balancing a bowl of ice cream on MY belly! Memories!
Lv
Mom

Smith Schoolhouse said...

I can't wait for some pictures! Take LOTS AND POST THEM!!! I want to see some real life prego pictures- don't get all dolled out for them just get out the camera and take a picture- right now- go ahead- get up and just do it! Please. You guys haven't caught the photography bug yet and you need to! For our sakes!

Jayce said...

amen to that.