
Well here it is, our first opportunity to see if people are really following our journey on this blog...we had our ultrasound and DID find out what we were having! And since we have promised to do our best to share our lives as best as possible with you, we wanted to let you know that we are having...a BABY!!! Just kidding. Read on and you'll get the scoop. Let me first tell you that it was an amazing experience. There is a different reality that I am walking around in today than I was merely a week ago. After seeing our baby playfully sticking it's little tongue out at us and doing all sorts of flips and rolls...God has truly done an amazing thing. As all of you with children can surely attest, just seeing this changes you. I can't imagine what is going to happen to my heart when I can actually hold and see this child live and in color for the first time! I am working on getting the pictures scanned and onto the blog but it may be a few days.
So I sense that you are still wondering what we are having...there is a part of me that wants to tell you about Keri and I going out to dinner to open the envelope with the ultrasound picture inside or the exhilaration of celebrating the discovery, but instead I will get to it...We are going to be the proud parents of a precious little baby girl!!! We have already determined that I am done. Stick a fork in me. Finished. Done. I don't stand a chance. Not even a little bit of one. It's going to be amazing!!
**UPDATE**
You may be wondering why I am including an update on a post that I am just writing. Honestly, we have been torn on how far to go in the sharing our lives on this blog and have decided that we want to share all of us as best that we can. We waited to post any of this until after our appointment with the midwife and the "official" review of the ultrasound. Keri and I would covet your prayers for us and our baby. Although just an apparent "blip" on the radar (all the parts are there and accounted for), there was a little "spot" or "shadow" on the baby's heart. At this point they do not believe it to be anything serious, but we will have to get another ultrasound done in a few weeks. One of Keri's sisters said it best when she reminded Keri that since we have to be able to trust God with our children, we might as well start practicing now. As you can imagine, when we were expecting to hear "everything is great" and instead got a "there is something we would like to take a closer look at in a few weeks", it can be hard to handle. Our joy has been tempered by concern for a moment, but through it all we remain confident that our God will do more than we could ask or hope for on the backside. Thank you for letting us share even the "not-so-sunny" sides of our life. We love you all and would love to know you are praying with us.
P.S. Feel free to express excitement still! It encourages us! One speed-bump is not going to derail the joy of this soon to be sucker-for-his-baby-girl of a father!!
So I sense that you are still wondering what we are having...there is a part of me that wants to tell you about Keri and I going out to dinner to open the envelope with the ultrasound picture inside or the exhilaration of celebrating the discovery, but instead I will get to it...We are going to be the proud parents of a precious little baby girl!!! We have already determined that I am done. Stick a fork in me. Finished. Done. I don't stand a chance. Not even a little bit of one. It's going to be amazing!!
**UPDATE**
You may be wondering why I am including an update on a post that I am just writing. Honestly, we have been torn on how far to go in the sharing our lives on this blog and have decided that we want to share all of us as best that we can. We waited to post any of this until after our appointment with the midwife and the "official" review of the ultrasound. Keri and I would covet your prayers for us and our baby. Although just an apparent "blip" on the radar (all the parts are there and accounted for), there was a little "spot" or "shadow" on the baby's heart. At this point they do not believe it to be anything serious, but we will have to get another ultrasound done in a few weeks. One of Keri's sisters said it best when she reminded Keri that since we have to be able to trust God with our children, we might as well start practicing now. As you can imagine, when we were expecting to hear "everything is great" and instead got a "there is something we would like to take a closer look at in a few weeks", it can be hard to handle. Our joy has been tempered by concern for a moment, but through it all we remain confident that our God will do more than we could ask or hope for on the backside. Thank you for letting us share even the "not-so-sunny" sides of our life. We love you all and would love to know you are praying with us.
P.S. Feel free to express excitement still! It encourages us! One speed-bump is not going to derail the joy of this soon to be sucker-for-his-baby-girl of a father!!
5 comments:
I am so excited about another little lady in the family! I cannot wait for this baby!
Also, those ultrasounds can be tricky. They have their place but they also can cause unnecessary cause for concern. Right before Jacob was going to be born they told me his head was disproportionately bigger than his body and he had short legs & arms. (I can hear you snickering Marc) He was born just fine.
We will be praying for Baby G and will pray that this is just a little blip.
I don't know how you heard me, but you were right!
I feel a little bad for upsetting the gender balance though...us guys were getting so close!
I agree with you on the ultrasound thing. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the encouragement. You are an amazing sister-in-law!
dear uncle marc it is sandy i just wanted to say congrats on the new girl in the family i am looking forward to meeting her sometime and goodluck and god bless
Marc,
The Ingrams are praying with you for that little girl! We believe that the Healer will knit her together with intense care and design. Imagine the surprise of those who view the next ultrasound when there is nothing abnormal to see! In faith, we will pray for her formation.
love, TACO Ingram
M & K,
You BOTH know how excited we are about the baby. Sewing machine is humming!
Prayers, always.
Love, forever.
Mom
Post a Comment