Life in Chicagoland

We are in the second year of our internship experience at Willow Creek. During this season of our lives we are attempting to balance Seminary work, caring for a sweet little baby girl and still adjusting to life away from our friends and family. We couldn't be more excited about all that God has in store for us!

This blog will be our attempt to share the struggles and joys of this experience...as well as some pictures and an occasional video. We welcome your feedback and comments and will do our best to keep up with the blog on a regular basis!

Enjoy!
Marc, Keri & Leah

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Almost all moved in!

It is now Sunday morning and I am feeling all of the aches and pains that come with unpacking what felt like 3000 boxes! In actuality it was probably about 150 and we are within about 20 boxes of being finished! The house we are staying in is truly starting to feel like our home. We even had the blessing of the Chick family coming over for dinner last night. For those of you that may not know, they are the amazing family that allowed us to stay at their house while waiting to move into this one. Ryan and Cindy have walked with me for many years and their perspectives and support and friendship will be greatly welcomed. They are amazing friends to us and we are looking forward to doing life with them!

In other news, I begin the internship this week. Monday night Keri and I have a new intern dinner to attend. Thursday and Friday is Leadership Summit here at Willow. (Summit is a huge conference that is held here and broadcast around the world.) It is a great training opportunity. Next Sunday afternoon I will be leaving with the other first year interns to go on a retreat until Tuesday afternoon. They haven't told us much about this yet, but I hear that it will be an opportunity to share our stories with each other and really prepare ourselves for this process. The following Thursday will be and all-day on campus orientation and I will be starting to work in the Community Life department August 18th. There you go. My upcoming schedule in a nutshell.

Until Tuesday or Wednesday...much love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

gees louise! Didn't take long for you guys to get crazy busy! Glad ya'll are settling in.
Still waitin for some pictures...

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. I'm still waiting for ya'lls help down there. Maybe we need to recruit Rissa into this one...

christian gal said...

Hey uncle marc it's sandy I just wanted to say I miss you guys and I hope god blesses you even more thatn he alredy you guys are so amazingcome visit my blog at savedchristiangal.blospot.com I would love to hear from you my house phone is 352-666-8604 I know alot has happend since i have been gone but it would be cool to chat see ya love sandy.