
is still not up yet. I almost caught her in a moment of weakness and got one. Soon. I can feel it. We will have a picture soon...
We woke this morning to a beautiful 68 degrees without a cloud in the sky. I am sure that it will be in the mid to upper 80's by this afternoon but I LOVE the cooler morning and evening weather! We'll see if I'm still saying that when it's in the teens.
So here's my thought for this morning. Over the last week or so I have found myself challenged by the balance of grace versus accountability. Today a lady came into the youth service with a video camera and was taping her son. Keri kindly asked her to stop taping because of the rules and guidelines of Willow (there cannot be unauthorized taping of minors). This woman not-so-kindly asked who Keri thought she was and had the nerve to ask her if she was just an intern! I know that you are as offended as I am! What was she suggesting about interns? Seriously though, this lady launched into a full-bodied diatribe explaining how she was on staff, had permission to tape, wasn't looking for special treatment because she had been here since 1978...This lady was trying to get video footage of her son for a school he has applied but IF the aforementioned Willow employment was true she should know better.
We woke this morning to a beautiful 68 degrees without a cloud in the sky. I am sure that it will be in the mid to upper 80's by this afternoon but I LOVE the cooler morning and evening weather! We'll see if I'm still saying that when it's in the teens.
So here's my thought for this morning. Over the last week or so I have found myself challenged by the balance of grace versus accountability. Today a lady came into the youth service with a video camera and was taping her son. Keri kindly asked her to stop taping because of the rules and guidelines of Willow (there cannot be unauthorized taping of minors). This woman not-so-kindly asked who Keri thought she was and had the nerve to ask her if she was just an intern! I know that you are as offended as I am! What was she suggesting about interns? Seriously though, this lady launched into a full-bodied diatribe explaining how she was on staff, had permission to tape, wasn't looking for special treatment because she had been here since 1978...This lady was trying to get video footage of her son for a school he has applied but IF the aforementioned Willow employment was true she should know better.
This has me thinking...it seems to me that the people that I most readily can extend grace to are those that can receive accountability yet those that may need more grace extended to them I want to provide greater accountability. Reality is that when I am viewed by God I want to be extended the highest grace magnification possible, yet find it so much easier to slip into accountability mode for everyone else. I know that there is a need to have accountability and the freedom to be extended grace, it is just the intersection of the two that seems so arduous.
As far as the lady, big drama but bigger hurts and issues in her life. Accountability meant turning finally turning off her camera but grace means that there will be freedom from her hurts and issues one day (and that we make her a special edited copy of the worship for her). Until then we will love her the best we can...as long as she doesn't record it.
1 comment:
No offense to your art, but this just will not do ! Grab that camera and take the picture already!!!
Post a Comment