Life in Chicagoland

We are in the second year of our internship experience at Willow Creek. During this season of our lives we are attempting to balance Seminary work, caring for a sweet little baby girl and still adjusting to life away from our friends and family. We couldn't be more excited about all that God has in store for us!

This blog will be our attempt to share the struggles and joys of this experience...as well as some pictures and an occasional video. We welcome your feedback and comments and will do our best to keep up with the blog on a regular basis!

Enjoy!
Marc, Keri & Leah

Friday, July 25, 2008

Relationships take time and energy

I know that the title of this post may seem to be obvious and may even leave you thinking "Marc must really not have much to say today". Truth is I have spent my whole day sending emails, putting together email addresses, sending letters, and making phone calls all in the name of staying connected and building relationships. I am so tired! Reality is that for all of the work I am left wondering if we will still be as close with our friends and family as time goes on even with these measures in place? What if we don't? Will we all just get too busy? Okay. Deep breath. I know that IT WILL BE OKAY. (Keri loves it when I say that by the way!) We are just going to be challenged to show a greater commitment to creative and consistent communication and to making the most of our opportunities when we do connect! God has clearly called us to this place at this time and I know that our affections and love for family and friends will not be diminished. So I will press on emailing (maybe even one day incorporating emoticons)! I will make phone calls (even if it has to be short)! I will send letters (probably not as often as phone calls and emails though)! We will stay connected!

On the baby front, we went to our second doctor appointment and it is all good in the hood...or should I say the uterus! Bad joke I know. We were able to see these almost creepy yet curiously cool little rubber molds of how big our baby is now and compare it against where we were a month ago and where we'll be in a few weeks. That little kiddo is growing up so quickly! I would love to post pictures of where Keri's belly is at and keep you updated, I have just had to choose if getting and posting the pictures is worth the beating she'll surely administer to me after! Keep praying...you may see pictures yet! Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

atotallydifferentperson said...

You are KARAZEE!
I gave Keri a little option that might make pics more bearable for now. Hopefully you guys can do a little shoot on your day off tomorrow!
And yes, relationships do take lots of work and yes, everyone will have times of being too busy, but it will be ok!!!

Bobby said...

You knocked her up! what... how are we just hearing about this! Jill and i did a double take as we just found your blog!

Congrats guys... i am praying for you both... keep us posted!