Life in Chicagoland

We are in the second year of our internship experience at Willow Creek. During this season of our lives we are attempting to balance Seminary work, caring for a sweet little baby girl and still adjusting to life away from our friends and family. We couldn't be more excited about all that God has in store for us!

This blog will be our attempt to share the struggles and joys of this experience...as well as some pictures and an occasional video. We welcome your feedback and comments and will do our best to keep up with the blog on a regular basis!

Enjoy!
Marc, Keri & Leah

Thursday, July 17, 2008

We are here!

Keri is now more than a month into her new position and she is already making a huge difference after being thrown into the fast-lane of Student Impact and having to go from 0 - 100 almost over night! As we stood in the back of an auditorium full of almost 600 high school students this past weekend, she turned to me and said, "I love my job!" It is amazing how God works out all the details for us. During this 4-day camp for high school students she was bombarded with fixing room assignments, enacting back-up plans for seemingly daily terrential downpours, chasing kids and leaders to their next sessions, putting out fires all over the place, all while not getting enough sleep and still was able to let out an "I love my job". Did I mention that she had never done this before?

I would have been completely ready to call it quits and walk away with all that she had to do. This is the beauty of finding our sweet spot in life and ministry. It is when we are immersed in the things that God has uniquely gifted and called us to that we can see fruit that gives a return that is 10 fold and that we can experience that amazing peace that surpasses all understanding, no matter how crazy our world may seem to those around us. Thank you Jesus I am not wired like Keri! (That is a good thing for everyone!)

A year ago I would have never imagined that I would be here typing on a blog in the coffee shop of Willow Creek getting ready to start a 3-year Internship in a few weeks, that Keri would be on staff in Impact, that we would be planning for a child's arrival, and yet be fully at peace that we are EXACTLY where we should be at the exact time we should be here!

4 comments:

atotallydifferentperson said...

ok, dude. It's been over a week since your last post! I want to see some pics of Keri pregnant. Do you think you could post one a week? Also, I was reading about how once you told people about this blog, you felt like you needed to be writing about deep thoughts and stuff. I feel the same way sometimes. You should read some of my Mommy friends' blogs. I feel like a dork after reading them and seeing how well they write, but oh well.
Keep blogging!!!

atotallydifferentperson said...

it's actually only been 5 days. Sorry! I'm all out of whack on my days and thought it was the 27th!

Marc and Keri Ladouceur said...

Thanks for the added pressure Shelly!! You know that I would love to post some pregnancy pictures but you and the other ya-ya sisterhood need to help me out by encouraging her to let me take one! I'm sure that when she reads this tomorrow I'll catch heat for that one...a new post will be up tomorrow, fo sho!

Smith Schoolhouse said...

OK, I haven't even read anythng yet but I am so happy I found your blog! I love you!