It feels like Christmas is already here! We were bombarded with around six inches of snow this weekend. There is nothing quite like waking up and seeing everything covered in white! After a few hours of scraping, chipping, brushing off our cars, I got the garage re-arranged to get both of our cars out of the elements. I definitely learned my lesson. Pictures to come...although our new header picture was taken in our backyard on Monday!
We are excited about many of the things that our church is doing to help those in need this Christmas. I am including a link to see what we're up to (most of it is driven by the neighborhoods and Area Pastors). There is also a place that you can sign up for a daily email (this is similar to an advent calendar) that has devotionals written by different staff and members of our church at the prepare experience tab. One of our friend's middle school daughter's even wrote one! You can check it out and what we are doing up here by going to (click on) http://prepare.willowcreek.org/.
Lastly, and most importantly, today marks the day that two years ago Keri said "I do". I am struck by the nature of the words that we said that day. I know that there are many different wedding vows, but the implied action of saying "I do" is compelling. Marriage requires an active engagement that cannot be anything short of total commitment. I know that I have been crafted to be a Pastor and that this Internship is going to shape me in that regard, however, my greater ministry and passion goes to my God and then my bride. I have said it before, I would walk away from everything I feel created to do in ministry if doing so would mean sacrificing my wife or family. And guess what? God would still be good! I am humbled and feel privileged that I get to do both. The past two years have been full of ups and downs and many changes, and I can honestly say that I am more in love with my bride today than when we started. Happy Anniversary Keri! Two years in and many more to come!!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awwwhhh! Happy Anniversary you guys! I hope it was super special! The snow looks purdy. Have ya'll turned on the heater yet?We missed you 2 at Thanksgiving and at our sleepover w/ Rizz and fam!!!
Lotsa love from FL!!!
We have turned on the heater and have been using it for a bit now. Keri won't let me leave it on more than about an hour at a time though...I guess you're always hot when you're pregnant?!
We miss you guys too!
Love ya!!
Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you are in our family, Marc, and that Keri has such an adoring husband. :)
I can't wait to see you guys! I am expecting you to take me SLEDDING!!
Love you!
OK we all know Christmas is coming but will you please send some pictures??? I want to see what's going on around there!
Post a Comment