Life in Chicagoland

We are in the second year of our internship experience at Willow Creek. During this season of our lives we are attempting to balance Seminary work, caring for a sweet little baby girl and still adjusting to life away from our friends and family. We couldn't be more excited about all that God has in store for us!

This blog will be our attempt to share the struggles and joys of this experience...as well as some pictures and an occasional video. We welcome your feedback and comments and will do our best to keep up with the blog on a regular basis!

Enjoy!
Marc, Keri & Leah

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Welcome to our Home!

I just moments ago sent out an email that was boasting of the pictures of Keri, and they are here I promise...just scroll down to the previous post if you're looking for them! We are finally very close to being totally settled in our house (all but the bedrooms) and picture ready so I thought I would welcome you into the house that we call home right now! We have been so blessed by a couple that attends Willow to be able to stay here and have the pleasure of living two houses down from this amazing couple! We live in a split level house so our "living room" (see TV) is actually in the basement, while the kitchen, dining room and "other living room area" (see two couches) is on the middle level and the un-pictured bedrooms are upstairs. For those of you super-observant people, we didn't put the couches downstairs because they wouldn't fit! It's just one of the many charms of this cute little house! I believe we have outside pictures on a previous post. (The pictures are a bit out of order. Blogger and I are having issues getting pictures to post as I want them!) Again, welcome to our Mount Prospect home!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice place!! It looks like it will keep you nice and cozy during those long, cold, and snowy winters. What is that on the top of the fridge, Whey Protien and Bisquick? Now Marc, no matter what you feed Keri, your children will never be more athletically gifted than you are! Sorry! ;) I am just glad that we ware all fortunate enough not to see any underwear laying around!

Anonymous said...

Real funny Crizo! She may be limited by my atheletic ability, but at least she has a chance of being over 5'9"! Don't worry about the underwear, I keep it all in the room that you and Timea will be staying in when you come for Thanksgiving!

Tiffany said...

I love the house. It looks like the floor plan is almost exactly like Ollie's (my husband) brother's house in Arlington Heights. Did you know that Ollie's family all live in Arlington Heights?

Anonymous said...

'Dust mopping' the hardwood floors, nice and easy; cleaning?, watch out for your back, Marc.
Love the photos.
OK, 'BOYS!' - - -
LV and HUGS
Mom

Jayce said...

wow, i love it! are those leather recliners new? they look so comfy! i can't wait to rock the baby in one! :)

Smith Schoolhouse said...

I was gonna comment on those macDaddy recliners too- WOW!

I love your house, it is so unique and cute. I love the way your kitchen table fit so perfectly into that little nook area.

How many bedrooms are upstairs- and why no pictures of them? Are you hiding something???

Love you guys! So proud of you!!!