It is now after the first of the year and August feels much closer today than it did a mere few weeks ago! One of the great features leading up to beginning the internship is the fundraising. I know that raising support is biblical and that God is going to use this process to grow our faith. However, I must admit that it is much more comfortable for me to support others than it is to need help from others.This is where my heart has been challenged. It is difficult to separate the response of the potential ministry partner and my personal value. I have found myself paralyzed a few times because I have been fearful of how it would feel to not have the "support" of the God-lead and vision for this time in our lives. I was reminded by a close mentor and friend that of all the commands in scripture, the most prevalent and direct was "DO NOT FEAR". I am working through all of the multiple heart layers that are being revealed as I step through the fear and recognize God's provision and the truth that this process is more about our GOD-VISION and less about the AMOUNT we need to raise. God has clearly made the way straight thus far and we know that God has already handled the provision, we just have to walk out the search to lay claim to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment