Life in Chicagoland

We are in the second year of our internship experience at Willow Creek. During this season of our lives we are attempting to balance Seminary work, caring for a sweet little baby girl and still adjusting to life away from our friends and family. We couldn't be more excited about all that God has in store for us!

This blog will be our attempt to share the struggles and joys of this experience...as well as some pictures and an occasional video. We welcome your feedback and comments and will do our best to keep up with the blog on a regular basis!

Enjoy!
Marc, Keri & Leah

Monday, August 3, 2009

Changes

It is now official. As a result of many discussions and much prayer, I am going to be changing ministry roles here at Willow. I am in the midst of transitioning the care and leadership of my areas to another Area Pastor and will be able to fully engage in my new opportunities within the next two weeks.

So what will I be doing? One of my primary areas of focus will be within the "class" structure. I will be joining the teaching team that covers all of Willow's "primary" classes. It looks as though I will be teaching a Biblical literacy class or the Membership class this fall. The plan is to have me familiarize myself and teach through all of the classes so that I can lead any of them. I will be critiqued by the participants at the conclusion of the class and by leaders here at Willow. I am also getting the opportunity to write / re-write curriculum. I have already been forewarned that if I don't take critiques well, that this may not be the place for me, however, I am very excited about this opportunity and am encouraged that multiple folks around here have commented on how great they know I'll do in this role.

The second opportunity is to help re-think how we should be doing our "workshops" on Monday nights. These are everything from 12-step programs, to military support groups and more. This is a great opportunity to show how I can lead through change (much of this area has not changed in the last 10+ years) as well as having a significant voice in shaping the direction of a ministry here. We are not looking to have me serve in this role long term, rather they want me to help clear the ground and re-lay a foundation for the future, then I'm out. This is great because I've made it clear that although I feel I can be very helpful in this stage, I have no long-term aspirations in this area.

Needless to say, it is a busy time but one that is filled with opportunities to reveal a more complete picture of the gifts and strengths I bring to the table. Here's to change being a good thing!!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Just try your best and you will be fine. You can handle this! (now post some new pictures of my niece for me!) HA HA!